Every year, I carve out an hour, a bit of quiet and look at the last year. Some years it’s a great coffee shop. Some years, it’s at home with suitcases unpacked and kids popping up 3 times each. Tonight was the latter. Worthwhile (maybe all the more?) because of it all.
If you’ve not had opportunity to pause and remember before launching ahead, and it sounds appealing, I thought I’d share some questions I’ve used in recent years.
Don’t feel like you even have to choose to answer all the questions. Maybe pick 5 or so, and see what God might stir in you with those.
1. What activities made you lose track of time?
2. For what do you deserve a pat on the back?
3. Which areas did you thrive in the wheel of life?
4. Which areas did you struggle in the wheel of life?
5. If someone wrote a book about your life this past year, what kind of genre would it be? A comedy, love story, drama or something else?
6. Where and how did God work in your life this past year?
7. If you had to describe your 2018 in 3 words, what would they be?
8. What was your most common mental state this year (e.g. excited, curious, stressed)?
9. What were the 3 books that had the greatest influence on you this past year?
10. What was your favorite place that you visited in 2018?
11. What was your single biggest time waster this past year?
12. What was the best way you used your time this past year?
13. For what, or whom, are you most thankful this year?
14. What advice would you give your early-2018 self if you could?
15. What one thing would you do differently and why?
16. What did you think about more than anything else?
17. About what topics did you most enjoy learning?
18. How did your overall outlook on life evolve this year?
19. What was your favorite compliment that you received this year?
20. What was the most important lesson you learned in 2018?