It’s been a great day in the office, working on recruitment. Most of today was spent emailing our ministry leaders and other natural recruiter-type folks to ask what resources they use when they invite someone to consider joining with us. A big proponent of not reinventing the wheel, I’m excited to gather and refine the best of what I can find, and then help to find ways to make them more accessible to our missionaries. The connector in me has loved today!
And since I love connecting people to people and people to resources, I thought I’d post a some resources I just assembled to hand out during our big recruiting event on Sat, May 30th. (We have 16 people coming, as of today and we’re thrilled, not knowing the response since we’ve never done anything like this 6-hour event. We’re praying for at least 4 more to come, for a total of 20.)
Part of the event will be providing some “white space” for people to have time and resources to consider how God’s created them. I’d highly encourage you to check at least one out, or tell someone you know who could benefit.
Feel free to leave a comment with any assessments or books you’ve found really helpful!
Strengths assessment: Gallup Strength-Finder
- Cost: $10
- Details: The online assessment helps you discover your top 5 strengths (combination of skills, talents and knowledge) so you can learn and capitalize on how God’s “wired” you. Gallup research proves that people succeed when they focus on what they do best.
Personality assessment: Keirsey Temperament Sorter
- Cost: Free
- Details: A 70-question online assessment that’s takes 10-30 minutes to take and results are immediate.
Whole-person assessment: SHAPE
- Cost: $6.50 for e-book by Erik Rees (Kindle version but you don’t have to have a Kindle to read as you can download onto your phone or computer.)
- Details: E-book with assessment questions in the back. SHAPE encompasses 5 aspects of your life (see below). This guidebook is based on the purpose of ministry outlined in The Purpose Driven Life by Pastor Rick Warren.
- Spiritual Gifts: A set of special abilities that God has given you to share His love and serve others.
- Heart: The special passions God has given you so that you can glorify Him on earth.
- Abilities: The set of talents God gave you when you were born, which He also wants you to use to make an impact for him.
- Personality: The special way God wired you to navigate life and fulfill your unique Kingdom Purpose.
- Experiences: Those parts of your past, both positive and painful, which God intends to use in great ways.